Xian and Dunhuang are 2 major cities on the Ancient Silk Road. Enroute an excursion to
the Hua Mountain, one of the top 5 mountains in China, putting yourself on the unique
mountain landscape which frequently appears in Chinese arts and painting.
Silk Road Travel in China
- A.Tour itinerary:
- Day 1 Hong Kong / Xian -
Fly to Xian. Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2 Xian -
Visit Terra Cotta Warriors & Horses Museum in the morning. Visit the Huaqing
Palace in the afternoon. Enjoy a Tang Dynasty Show in the evening. The show
recreates through music and dance scenes of ancient Xian when it was the
capital of the Middle Kingdom where silk merchants and monks stopped and rest
before they took on their ventures or religious pilgrimage on the Silk Road.
- Day 3 Xian / Dunhuang -
In the morning, visit the Wild Goose Pagoda which is also the emblem of the city of Xian
today. In the afternoon, visit the Shaanix History Museum in Xian. Fly Dunhuang.
Dunhuang is an oasis in the desert and is an important site along the Silk Road. A ride
on camel back to Mingsha (Humming) Sand Dune followed by a tour to the Crescent
- Day 4 Dunhuang / Xian -
Tour to Mogao Grottoes. Also known as the ‘Thousand Buddha Cave’, it is ranked as the
best preserved and the largest treasure trove of Buddhism art in the world,
demonstrating the role Dunhuang played in the East/West cultural exchange in ancient
time. Return to Xian by air.
- Day 5 Xian / Hua Mountain / Xian -
Excursion to Hua Mountain. The 1,997 m high mountain features numerous
breathtaking cliffs and peaks, a tough challenge to mountaineers. Visitors can
take a cable car ride to the top, to enjoy the unique mountain landscape and
- Day 6 Xian /Hong Kong -
In the morning, visit the ancient City Wall of Xian. The rest of time, at leisure
until the departure flight for Hong Kong. (Passenger can choose going to other
cities than HKG.)
- * (B - Breakfast, L - Lunch, D - Dinner)
- B. Tour Cost: US$1,080 pp
- C. Tour cost includes:
- 4 or 5 star deluxe accommodations:
- Daily American breakfast;
- Chinese style lunch and dinner;
- Entry fees for tours as specified in the tour itinerary;
- Professional English speaking guide locally with driver and car;
- China domestic transportation between cities.
- D. Cost excludes:
- China Visa ( China Visa application is available at $75 pp application fee)
- HK/Xian and Xian/HK air fare; (discount air fare is available upon request)
- City, airport tax, Gratitude and any personal expense.
- E. 2004 Tour Dates:
Guaranteed any date departure for minimum 2 passengers.
- F. Tour Booking Code: 04 HKSK
- G. International air:
Above tour cost excludes international airfare due to the airfare seasonal fluctuation. People who want to
use mileage plan should contact the Airline directly. However, we will provide international air booking
service upon your request. Transpacific flights are among choices of United Airlines, American Airlines,
Japan Airlines, Northwest, All Nippon Airlines or Air China. Air fare can be paid by credit card. Credit
card form is available upon request.
- H. China visa:
Chinese Consulate no longer accepts mail in application. The single entry China tourist Visa fee is $75 per
person. To apply for it please fill out the China Visa form, submit with your original valid passport and 1
recent picture. Using FedEx to mail your visa application is strongly suggested. We will mail you back the
China visa and your passport via FedEx. Regular process takes 7- 10 working days. Express service is
available upon request and additional fee.
- I.Tour booking Payment Information
- J. Tour Booking Request Form: To book a tour or request information, please complete the form below and submit. We will respond to you within the next business day.