China travel, China travel tour, China travel guide, China travel service & China tours Welcome to China

| China Travel Briefing | Destination Guide | Attractions | China Tours | Transportation | Cuisine | Shopping | Entertainment |
| Incentives and Meetings | Festivals and Themes | Accommodations | FAQ | Guestbook | Links | Contact US | Home |

2004 The Best Value China Tours

China Visa Application Service

Beginning May 1, 2003, the Chinese consulates no longer accept mailed-in visa applications. For your convenience, Yangtze Cruises. Inc has established a China Visa Application Service.

Yangtze Cruises, Inc. is located 45 minute from the Chinese consulate in New York and every week our travel agency brings visa applications directly to the consulate. Before we bring in the application, we carefully check each applicant documents to make sure the visa can be issued timely.

Chinese Consulate Visa Process Fee

Number of Entry Visa Application fee USD/ per person
Single Entry $50
Double Entry $75
Multiple Entry for 6 Months $100
Multiple Entry for 12 Months $150
1-day Express Service, Additional fee $30

*The regular processing time is 4-5 working days.

Yangtze Cruises. INC Visa Application Service Charge

Number of Applicant (s) Visa Application Service Charge USD/per person
1 $50
2 $30
3-9 $25
10 and up group $20
1-day Express Service, Additional fee $30

*An additional FedEX Visa delivery fee for each package of $15.

* Basic Requirements to apply China Visa: (To apply for a Multiple Entry Visa, the applicant shall meet other requirements while submitting other documents.)
  1. One completed application visa form
  2. One recently taken 2 inch half-length, bareheaded, full-faced photo.
  3. A valid passport with enough blank pages.
  4. A check payable to: Yangtze Cruises. Inc
  • Yangtze Cruises. Inc
  • 2031 US HWY 130, Suite F, Monmouth JCT, NJ 08852
  • Tel: (732) 821-6688    Fax: (732) 821 -0099

* A Brief Introduction to Chinese Visas:

A Chinese visa is a permit issued by the Chinese visa authorities to an alien for entry into, exit from or transit through China. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a Diplomatic, Courtesy, Service or Ordinary Visa to an alien according to his status, purpose of visit to China or passport type.

If a foreigner intends to enter into, exit from or transit through Chinese territory, he/she shall apply to the above-mentioned Chinese visa authorities for a Chinese visa.

* Chinese Consulates 5 offices in the US:

The people's Republic of China currently maintains one Embassy in Washington D.C., but also maintains 5 consulates-general in the following U.S. cities: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX.

* Can I provide a photocopy of my passport?

Never. Your must provide your actual passport.

* I'm going to China on April 1, and my visa will expire on April 10. Can I still stay in China for 30 days?

Yes. Usually, a Chinese visa is good for 90 days from the date of issue, which means, you can enter China Within 90 days (please note the time difference between China and the U.S.); and duration of stay is 30 days (It is written in the visa label), which means from the date of your entrance, you can stay in China for 30 days.

* Do I have to see a doctor to have the "Physical examination record for foreigner" filled out?

This form is strictly for those who will study in China over 1 year. If you are to stay in China for less than one year, you don't have to see a doctor to fill it out.

* I am going to Guangdong, then to Hongkong and back to Guangdong for one night. Does it mean that I must have a double-entry visa?

Absolutely. Double-entry visa means you can enter into mainland of China twice. Since you are going to Guangdong in the mainland of China twice, you must have a double-entry visa. Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region (See information about Hong Kong visa).

* What is my passport's function while I travel to China?

You must have a passports valid for six months after the return date of the trip to apply the China Visa 2 months prior your departure date of your tour.

Every airport/hotel check-in, you must show your passport. Your name on your tickets must be exactly as it appears on your passport.


* Do I need an invitation letter or invitation party from China?

No, you don't have to have any invitation letter or party from China, even though this requirement shows on the visa application form.

* I am not a U. S. citizen. Can you still process my application?

We can process applications for anyone who is in the US while he applys for the visa as long as he possess a valid passport.

* What type of visa do I need?

Single-entry China visas are usually valid for 3 months after the issuing date, and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days. This visa will allow you to travel as a tourist or conduct general business activities. Most tourist people need only to apply for a single-entry. Some business people need to apply for the double-entry visa.

* Do I need visa for visit to Hong Kong?

American citizens and many other countries citizens DO NOT need a visa during the specified visa free period. Travelers of those countries unspecified hereunder or those who want to stay longer need to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies or consulate.

* Do I need a visa to enter Macau as a tourist?

Passport holders of following countries would be granted visa-free entry to Macau. Passport holders of other countries not specified hereunder should apply a visa for entry admission. Canada, USA, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and etc countries.


Welcome to China Travel Planner This website is developed and managed by Yangtze Cruises, Inc, a China travel service provider and a China tour operator.
2031 US Hwy 130, Suite F, Monmouth JCT, NJ 08852, U.S.A. Copyright 1995 - 2005 All Rights Reserved.
For More Information, Please Contact us at: Phones: (732) 821-6688 / Fax: (732) 821-0099 or by e-mail