- A. Tour Itinerary:
- Day 1 Arrive Beijing -
Upon your arrival in Beijing, our guide will meet you at the airport. You will be transfered to the 5 star hotel for overnight.
- Day 2 Beijing (B/L/D) -
In the morning, excursion to the Great Wall. In the afternoon visit the Summer Palace.
- Day 3 Beijing/Urumqi/Turpan (B/L/D) -
Take the flight for Urumqi. Upon arrival, transfer to an oasis city Turfan inhabited mainly by Uygurs.
- Day 4 Turpan/Liuyuan (B/L/D) -
Visit the underground irrigation system Kirez that allows the growing of grapes and melons in the desert, the ruins of Jiaohe ancient city built as a garrison town to defend the borderlands 2000 years ago, the Astanan Grove, and the Imin Pagoda built in 1770s. Take the overnight soft sleeper train to Liuyuan.
- Day 5 Liuyuan/Dunhuang (B/L/D) -
Upon arrival at Liuyuan you will be transferred to Dunhuang, another oasis city served as an important
staging-post on the Silk Road. After breakfast at the hotel (check-in if possible), enjoy some free time until lunch. In the afternoon visit the Mogao Grottoes, the highlight of Dunhuang, containing some of the world's finest Buddist art.
- Day 6 Dunhuang (B/L/D) -
An excursion will take you to the mountain pass of Yangguan 70 km away. Then come back to the city for the sand dune and crescent lake.
- Day 7 Dunhuang/Lanzhou (B/L/D) -
Fly Lanzhou, the capital of Gansu Province, an important garrison town in ancient times.
- Day 8 Lanzhou/ Linxia (B/L/D) -
Transfer to Linxia, a city 150 km away from Lanzhou, with a rich religious tradition and accommodates
Islam, Buddhism, Taoism and Christianity. Visit the noted Grand Mosque.
- Day 9 Linxia/Xiahe(B/L/D) -
Transferred to Xiahe, 130 km further southward, know as Little Tibet. Visit Labrang Lamasery of the
Yellow Sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Enjoy the unique local life of Tibetan herdsmen and lamas.
- Day 10 Xiahe/Lanzhou (B/L/D) -
Transfer back to Lanzhou.
- Day 11 Lanzhou/ Xian (B/L/D) -
Fly Xian, the starting point of ancient Silk Road, once the capital of ancient China, now the capital of
- Day 12 Xian (B/L/D) -
A full day tour to the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, followed by the ancient city wall and Wild Goose Pagoda. Enjoy the Tang Dynasty dumpling dinner and show.
- Day 13 Xian/ Beijing (B/L/D) -
In the morning flight to Beijing. Visit the largest square Tian'anmen Square, and the Forbidden City-the
largest and best preserved ancient building complex in China. Peking Duck dinner at night.
- Day 14 Depart Beijing (B) -
After breakfast, departure airport transfer.
- * (B - Breakfast, L - Lunch, D - Dinner)
- B. Tour Dates in 2004:
This tour is only arranged during Mar20 - Nov10 due to the natural conditions, such as weather etc.
- C. Tour Cost:
- USD 1999 pp - For tour dates of Sept. 17, 2004 and Oct. 15, 2004
- USD 2699 pp - For any date guaranteed departure for minimum 2 passengers
- D. Tour cost includings:
- China Visa,
- 5 star deluxe accommodations or the best in town. Based on double occupancy,
- Beijing Kunlun Hotel 5 star
- Turfan Oasis Hotel 3 star
- Dunhuang Hotel VIP wing 4 star
- Lanzhou Legend Hotel 4 star
- Linxia Hotel 2 star
- Xiahe Lablang Hotel 3 star
- Xian Grand Castle Hotel 5 star
- American breakfast daily,
- Transportation between cities;
- Chinese lunch and dinner daily;
- Private sightseeing entry as specified with Professional English guides locally;
- All transfers and portage.
- E. Tour cost excludings:
- Gratuities and China domestic airport taxes,
- Round-trip international air (discount air fare is available upon request)
- F. 2004 Tour Dates:
- Sept. 18
- Oct. 16
- Other guaranteed departure dates are available upon request based on different tour cost.
- G. Tour Booking Code: 04SKTB
- H. International air:
Above tour cost excludes international airfare to China due to the airfare seasonal fluctuation. People who want to
use mileage plan should contact the Airline directly. However, we will provide international air booking
service upon your request. Transpacific flights are among choices of United Airlines, American Airlines,
Japan Airlines, Northwest, All Nippon Airlines or Air China. Air fare can be paid by credit card. Credit
card form is available upon request.
- I. China visa:
Chinese Consulate no longer accepts mail in application. The single entry China tourist Visa fee is $75 per
person. To apply for it please fill out the China Visa form, submit with your original valid passport and 1
recent picture. Using FedEx to mail your visa application is strongly suggested. We will mail you back the
China visa and your passport via FedEx. Regular process takes 7- 10 working days. Express service is
available upon request and additional fee.
- J. Tour booking Payment Information
- K. Tour Booking Request Form: To book a tour or request information, please complete the form below and submit. We will respond to you within the next business day.