2004-2005 YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE
(Effective June 1, 2003)
1. We accept faxes, telegrams, letters, e-mail, telephone, etc. as booking requests,
which include tour code, nationality, number of passengers, partial or full passenger
list, cabin categories and numbers. For charters, other information such as trade, age
ranges of passengers and other special requests should be presented.
2. Passengers should board the ships at appointed piers with vouchers and personal
1. Unless otherwise specified, the cruise fares include accommodations in the cabins,
three meals daily and some entertainment activities on board. Not included are expenses
for shore excursions, drinks in bars, long distance telephone calls and faxes, laundry,
barbershop, clinics, massage, shopping and other expenses of personal nature.
2. In a sailing between Wuhan and Chongqing, when stops at Yichang, Shashi or
Yueyang are scheduled, if the passenger requests disembarkation at Yichang, a 10% discount
off the full cruise fare applies; disembarkation at Shashi or Yueyang will be discounted
5% off full cruise fare.
3. Family Plan: Children under 2 sharing existing bedding with 2 full paying adults
will be charged 10% of the full adult fare. Children ages 2 to 11 with or without their
own bedding will be discounted 33% off the full adult fare. A maximum of 2 children per
room is permitted with 2 full paying adults.
4. We reserve the right to arrange a roommate of same sex in a twin-sharing cabin if
single occupancy is not requested and paid by the passenger.
5. Single cabin supplement is 75% - 100% of the other half cabin and is subject to
6. Prices are subject to change without notice until bookings are confirmed by and paid
in full to Yangtze Cruises, Inc.
7. For every 15 passengers, the group will be given one complimentary bed in a standard
8. A national guide is eligible for 20% off the cruise fare when he or she is with 1-6
full pay passengers; 50% off with 7- 10 full pay passengers; free with 11 or more full pay
passengers. A national guide must be the citizen of P. R. China and must present his / her
citizen ID and certificate of tour guide issued by the Chinese government.
9. The above items 2 to 8 are applicable to bookings for individuals or groups;
however, it is not available on charters.
10. Unless otherwise specified in the contract or confirmation, chartered sailings run
the ships' regular schedules. The charter party assigns the cabins, including those for
tour guides. The total number of passengers should not exceed the capacity specified in
our brochures or agreement. Any overloads are subject to the approval of Yangtze Cruises,
Inc and extra charges will apply if approved.
1. For group or individual bookings, deposit of $100 per person is required within 7
days of confirmation. (Non-standard cabins may require immediate payment).
2. Payment made by travel agencies is due 45 days prior to the departure of each
sailing. Payment made by Individuals is due 60 days prior to departure.
3. For charter, an initial deposit of 15% of total amount
must be paid within 7 days after the agreement is signed or the confirmation is given; a
second deposit of 30% must be paid 100 days prior to the departure. Final payment is due
60 days prior to departure.
4. All bookings made within 30 days of departure must be paid at the time confirmation
5. This company reserves the right to alter the payment or deposit schedule, or the
time to present name list, as deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the cruise.
6. We accept wire transfer, checks, money orders and cash as payment. No credit cards
7. Failure to meet the payment requirements as stated herein may result in the release
of bookings and penalty(ies) will apply.
8. Cruise fares are based on US Dollars. Other major currencies may also be accepted
after an agreement has been reached by the booking party and Yangtze Cruises, Inc.
Four. CHANGE AND CANCELLATION
1. Written notification must be received by this company to change or cancel confirmed
bookings and the following penalties will apply:
a. Change or cancel 90 days prior to departure, penalty is 50% of the deposit.
b. Change or cancel 89-70 days prior to departure, penalty is 75% of the deposit.
c. Change or cancel 69-60 days prior to departure, penalty is 100% of the deposit.
d. Change or cancel 59-25 days prior to departure, penalty is 50% of full cruise fare.
e. Change or cancel 24-15 days prior to departure, penalty is 75% of full cruise fare.
f. Change or cancel 14-0 days prior to departure, penalty is 100% of the cruise fare.
2. Changes within 10% for a group of 10 or more passengers are acceptable and no
3. Most cruise ships can arrange additional ports based on requests and feasibility.
Extra charges will apply and vary.
4. There is no refund for unused portions of the trip once the cruise has commenced; No
refund will be given for passengers failure to meet cruise schedules.
5. If a sailing is canceled, suspended or delayed, due to the reasons beyond the
control of the crew, such as but not limit to floods, earthquake, weather, fogs, sailing
course blockage, accidents, technical breakdown, strikes, war, quarantine, government
actions, etc., cruise lines and Yangtze Cruises, Inc will assist the passengers transfer
to other ships, or adjust the itinerary. Under these circumstances, a price adjustment may
be made by the specific cruise lines and when made will constitute full settlement with
6. Yangtze Cruises, Inc, together with its agents, affiliates and representatives,
select with great care reputable cruise suppliers. We do not own or operate any of the
cruise ships. We only act as an agent. The right is reserved to make any changes that
might become necessary in executing the cruises. The services are subject to conditions
imposed by the specific cruise lines or cruise ships. We cannot therefore assume
responsibility for any claim loss, damage, cost, injury, death, etc. resulting from
factors beyond our control. All services are strictly between the suppliers and the
7. All scheduled departure and arrival times at each stop are estimated and could be
different from actual operation. Extra time should be given for flight connections,
trains, or other means of transportation, especially in the time of floods, fog, low water
level, barrier in sailing course or other negative natural and technical factors, as afore
8. All shore excursions are handled by the local travel services at each city or port.
This company acts only as an agent. These travel services, as mandated by Chinese
government, insure for the passengers they receive, thus assume the full and final
responsibility for the services and safety of the passengers.
9. The 2004-2005 Yangtze River Cruise Reservation Rules
can be modified only by written agreement with this company.
YANGTZE CRUISES, INC.