The Imperial Fair falls on the 23rd of the third lunar month. The name
comes from the time that the Qing Emperor, Qian Long, enjoyed the fair
during his inspection trip to south China. It is held in the Temple
of the Queen of Heaven on Ancient Cultural Street by the Sancha River
estuary. Many performers take part and there are many activities such
as the dragon dance and, lion dances, martial art shows, and walking
on stilts. Lantern Festival falls on the 15th of the first lunar month
and various performances are given in the city itself and in the outlying
Beitong Sea-Going Fair
Place: Tanggu District, Tianjin
- Bonfire evening in Beitong.
- Running with torches, floating Lamps on the river and lighting
- Offshore fishing and a stay with fishermen.
- Sea food tasting and visiting the aquatic products market.
- Visiting the ancient fort, Rainbow Bridge and the economic zone.
Festival in Jixian County
Time: late September
Place: Rxian County, Tianjin
- Fruit picking in orchards.
- Rock climbing contest.
- Mountaineering competition at the Huangya Pass Section of the Great
- Staying as guests at local houses.
- Mountaineering contest on Panshan Mountain.
- Bonfire evening gala.