Xiamen / Famous Shops and Stores
Xiamen has two famous shopping streets: Zhongshan Road in the old city, and Dragon Head Road on scenic Gulang Islet. Zhongshan Road, 1.2 km long, has 243 plazas, shops and restaurants, such as Hualian Commercial Building, Huahui Mall, No.] Department Store, and Tianshun Jewelry Store. Thanks to its strong ethnic culture and special scenery of south Fujian, it has become an ideal place for domestic and foreign tourists to do shopping. On both sides of Dragon Head Road, there are many stores selling local products. It is worth mentioning that the sports shoes made in Fujian enjoy a great reputation throughout the world.
Xiamen has 22 designated tourism shops selling commodities to tourists.
Xiamen Dalu Commercial Building
Located at the cross of Zhongshan Road, its business area comes to 18,000 sq m. As a building showing the modern architectural features and Zhongshan Road's traditional style, it includes a parking lot, shopping, restaurants and recreation facilities. It is the largest state-own comprehensive modern plaza in Xiamen.
Hualian Plaza of Xiamen Commercial Group
Hualian Plaza of Xiamen Commercial Group is a large commercial enterprise engaging in retail or wholesale, and domestic and foreign trade as well. It is among the top 50 largest retail enterprises in China. In recent years, Wucun Mall with a business area of 12,000 sq m, and Hualian Furniture City with a business area of nearly 20,000 sq m have started their business, thus forming a business network together with its original branches scattering all over Xiamen.
Many years ago, Xiamen started to pay great attention to the decoration of the main Streets and tourist attractions at night. Now the shopping centers, restaurants and recreational facilities on Gulang Islet, in Zhongshan Road, Siming Nanbei Road, Xiada Street, and Egret Park, and at Lotus Flower Crossing are open to the public at night. For instance, Siming Nanbei Road has 132 various stores and shops; at Lotus Flower Crossing, there are seven shopping centers; Xiada Street has 60 shops and plazas; Zhongshan Road is lined by 169 shops and stores; and Egret Islet owns 31 shops and plazas.
Famous Shops and Stores
- Xinyunxiang Tea Art House
- Lianqian E. Rd.
- Gulang Islet Guanhaiyuan Exchange Tea Art Center
- Bldg14, Guanhaiyuan, Gulang Islet
- Guoxingquan Tea Art House, Gulang Islet
- In Shuzhuang Garden, Gulang Islet
- lixiang Jewelry & Gold Store
- 1/F, Jewelry Building, Seven Star M. Rd.
- Jindu Jewelry Co. Ltd.
- 1 /F & 2/F, Jindu Building, Seven Star Rd.
- Baoyi Jewelry Processing Co. Ltd.
- Tower A, 2/F, Bldg. 2, Huaxia Industrial Center, Sports Rd.
- Siming Lixin Comprehensive Service Department (Crystal Crafts Dept.)
- Inside Xiada Chemical Factory
- East Asia Marine Biology Breeding Technology Development Company (Pearl Development Department)
- 184 Daxue Rd.
- Huihe Stone Carving Craft Co. Ltd.
- By Jiangtou Xueling Railway
|China Shopping Guide|