- Capital: Beijing Key Metropolises: Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Guangzhou, Guilin, Hanzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Wuhan, etc.
- Passports: Effective credentials for Foreigners, overseas Chinese and compatriots from Taiwan, Hong Kong
and Macao who want to arrive and depart China's mainland. Foreigners can apply for visas in the Chinese Embassy
- Currency:RMB or yuan. The exchange rate between US dollars and RMB is about 1: 8.4. Acceptable are AE Card, Diner's Card, Federal Card, JCB Card, Master and Visa cards, etc. Also available are the internationally recognized travelers' cheques, which can be converted in the branches of the Bank of China.
- Communication:ID and DDD are available to communicate with all parts of the world.
- International Express Mail:Any letter, registered mail, parcel and express consignments are available via hotels, post offices and express mail companies.
- Time zone:Beijing time is the standard time used throughout china. It is eight hours earlier than the Greenwich mean time.
- Climate:Generally speaking, winter is cold and summer is hot. Beijing, for example, has a mean temperature is 0-4 degrees centigrade through December and February, 6-18 degrees centigrade through March and May, 24-30 degrees centigrade through June and August, and 18-4 degrees centigrade through September and November.
- Voltage:220V, 50 cycles AC