The Xiyuan Garden is another famed classical garden in Nanjing. Situated on Changjiang Road, it was built during the Daoguang Reign (1821-1850) of the Qing Dynasty. During the Heavenly Kingdom it became part of the mansion of Hong Xiuquan, the Heavenly King. Because it lies to the west of the mansion, it was also known as Xiyuan (Western) Garden.
During the Revolution of 1911, the Xiyuan Garden was the venue of the Provisional Government of Nanjing. The garden is a small affair, covering a meager 1.4 hectares, with a pool in the center. North of the garden stands the Chamber of Rippling Waves, to the south is a marble boat, "Anchor-less Boat".
This website is developed and managed by www.ChinaPlanner.com, a China travel service provider and a China tour operator.|
566 7th Ave, Suite 506, New York, NY 10018, U.S.A. Copyright 1995 - 2003 All Rights Reserved.
For More Information, Please Contact us at: Phones: (212) 382-3725 / Fax: (212) 382-3701 or by e-mail