The Orchid Pavilion, situated at the foot of the Lanzhu Mountain southwest of the city district of Shaoxing, rose to fame thanks to Wang Xizhi's famed writing, "Preface to the Orchid Pavilion Collection of Poetry". This pavilion was first built during the Han Dynasty, and had been moved here and there in the ensuing years.
The Orchid Pavilion as it stands today was built in 1548, or the 27th year of the Jiajing Reign of the Ming Dynasty. It is surrounded by farm fields and nestles in it bamboo grove at the foot of a mountain. The Channel for the Floating Cup and the Floating Cup Pavilion constitute the centerpiece of the pavilion. A footpath winds its way through a bamboo grove by the Goose Pond in front of the pavilion, while in the rear there are a number of buildings, including pavilions enshrined with stone tablets with inscriptions by emperors Kangxi and Qianlong. Wit secluded and open space, the garden is strikingly different from other private gardens.
This website is developed and managed by www.ChinaPlanner.com, a China travel service provider and a China tour operator.|
566 7th Ave, Suite 506, New York, NY 10018, U.S.A. Copyright 1995 - 2003 All Rights Reserved.
For More Information, Please Contact us at: Phones: (212) 382-3725 / Fax: (212) 382-3701 or by e-mail