Temple of the Marquis of Wu, Chengdu
Located outside the Northern Gate of Chengdu, this 37,000 square-meter temple was built in the sixth century in memory of Zhuge Liang, prime minister of the Kingdom of Zhu during the Three Kingdoms Period.
The existing halls on the premises were rebuilt in 1672, or the 11th year of the Kangxi Reign of the Qing Dynasty. The buildings look imposing with gray tiles and crimson walls. Luxuriant ancient cypress trees, and thick clusters of bamboo have rendered an air of sequestered repose to the temple, a national cultural site under key protection.
This website is developed and managed by www.ChinaPlanner.com, a China travel service provider and a China tour operator.|
566 7th Ave, Suite 506, New York, NY 10018, U.S.A. Copyright 1995 - 2003 All Rights Reserved.
For More Information, Please Contact us at: Phones: (212) 382-3725 / Fax: (212) 382-3701 or by e-mail